Friday, June 25, 2010

Ask not for whom the bone bones

I am psyched to report that I have sold my second erotic short : ) Once the stories come out, my pseudonym will have to start its own blog. For now, I'll just shove it in with my other Sin blog shenanigans. Sometimes it's hard to tell where one ends and the other begins ; ) I have gay characters, and I have written horror stories with erotic elements. The difference between Sin and *insert pseudonym here* is the main attraction: blood and guts, or sweaty boning? If it's the latter, it's time to whip out the pseudonym.

I got into gay erotica because sometimes I want to write a love story, or at least a lust story, where my poor characters don't have to worry that something is going to bite their heads off on the next page. It's also a natural extension of my enduring love of men, and male beauty. When I was a kid, I wanted a big brother. Of course by then it was too late, unless my parents had a time machine they weren't telling me about. I was fascinated by the entire gender: their shows, their toys, the fact that no one ever made them wear dresses or *shudder* makeup. In middle school, I wanted to be Axle Rose when I grew up. Little did I know, back then, that he was bat-shit insane (ah, youth). In any case, I am still a huge fan of the menfolk. Ying can attest to this: my platonic love for Kishidan, for example, often makes his heart swell with the urge to barf in confusion. He doesn't quite get the "platonic" part. Which is a little unsettling...I mean there are SIX of them. What kind of woman does he think I am?

The answer: a woman who can make fictional men bone, which her husband must then edit. In other words, a lucky woman : ) Speaking of sexual tension:

7 comments:

Michael Stone said...

Congrats on the sale, and more power to your funny bo...um, elbow.

Rebecca Nazar said...

" . . . is the main attraction blood and guts, or sweaty boning?"

I wish I had your creative range. *respectful bow*

Alan W. Davidson said...

"...a woman who can make fictional men bone, which her husband must then edit. In other words, a lucky woman". You're weilding a lot of power there, Missy!

Congrats on the sale...looking forward to the unveiling of your alter ego.

Jamie Eyberg said...

It is fun what we do for the love of the craft. You have fun with that Alter ego, I can't wait to me it.

Cate Gardner said...

Congratulations. I can't wait to find out your pseudonym's name.

katey said...

Congrats again on the new sale! Sometimes, it's all about the relationship. Sometimes the couple has to be chased by zombies. It's all good for me, certainly.

Haha verification word: subbig. Thought it was "subbing" for a second-- and not on the soccer field.

Danielle Ferries said...

Woo Hoo! Congrats on the sale.